It is easy to run off and buy the newest iPad, designer handbag, or splurge on a trip to Europe; these kinds of purchases are exciting and come with tangible objects or, in the case of travel, photos and memories that can be ascribed to a specific time and place. It is a lot harder to invest in personal health and wellness, which often lacks tangible, day-to-day markers of success. In a world of instant gratification, holding something in your hand can be a lot more fulfilling then knowing that your efforts will pay off a month or two or three down the road. Those who take the time to help themselves are often shocked when they come to understand how much nutrition and personal eating habits play a role in physical health and sense of well being. You can have all the cool technology in the world and a wardrobe that Kate Moss would die for, but if you do not feel healthy, energetic and full of life then you cannot fully enjoy your spoils.
Summer is the best time to invest in YOU by adding both new physical activities AND nutritional counseling to your regimen; the weather is great, the produce is fresh, and the fish are swimming. Changing eating habits is hard, and while it might sounds simple enough to read a book and follow an arbitrary plan it is important to set yourself up for long-term success while creating a plan that caters to your specific goals.
Get started on becoming the healthiest version of yourself, and address some of the following issues:
- Weight Management
- Making sense of fad diets and understanding past success/failure
- Diabetes and blood glucose management
- Meal Planning
- Healthy Snacking
- Food Allergies
- Aerobic / Cardiovascular health and wellness
- Persistent Gastro-intestinal (G.I.) Problems
- Breaking long-standing negative eating behaviors (e.g. night eating, stress eating)
- Mindful Eating
- Positive habits for Children and youth
- Eating healthy on-the-go / during travel
- Food journals and other tracking methods
- Technology-driven tools for successful eating and living
- Sustainable healthy eating practices
Visit our nutrition page to learn more and call 415-602-4291 for an in-person meeting or a phone/skype/video meeting from anywhere in the world!