“Let food be thy medicine, thy medicine shall be thy food.” – Hippocrates
Welcome to the “Chop Shop”
A healthy lifestyle involves more than fitness training; what you eat and how you eat it is vital and makes a huge difference in life. We all want to look great, feel incredible, sleep well, and have sustainable energy throughout the day…and we want it RIGHT NOW!
OUR FOCUS – the “Chop Shop” – Fresh, delicious, simple healthy food. Organic produce, high quality meats and proteins, whole grains that make a real difference in your health. Awaken your taste buds and gain an appreciation for natural flavors and the delights of quality ingredients. If you want rich, sauce-addled, heavy food, this is not what we do. You can always go to an upscale restaurant on special occasions for calorie dense meals; on a daily basis, we promote healthy living through natural, flavor-filled, simple and delicious real food.
GOALS BECOME REALITY – Receive personalized nutrition coaching, in-home healthy meal preparation and more; learn healthy habits, reach your ideal weight, increase energy, and accomplish your unique goal.
Realistic, manageable change is a progressive, steady process. We help you to incorporate new skills into your routine such that small adjustments, taken in aggregate, change your life for good. Great for busy professionals or families with varied dietary needs.
Services Include (not limited to):
- Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly nutrition consultation
- In-person or ‘from the comfort of your home’ via skype/phone/live chat
- Meal planning / in-home cooking & meal delivery
- Behavior change consulting
- Grocery shopping 101 (at your store of choice or online) – buy the right food and learn what to look for on nutrition labels! Ongoing grocery shopping available.
- Kitchen Overhaul – Out with the old, in with the healthy! Learn how to stock the pantry and fridge, plus cooking tutorials, meal preparation tips and creating healthy grab-n-go snacks
- Fitness and (healthy) weight loss strategies and implementation
Sample Nutrition Counseling Topics:
- Weight Management
- Making sense of fad diets
- Diabetes and blood glucose management
- Healthy Snacking
- Food Allergies
- Aerobic / Cardiovascular health and wellness
- Persistent Gastro-intestinal (G.I.) Problems
- Stress and food
- Mindful Eating
- Positive habits for Children and youth
- Eating healthy on-the-go / during travel
- Food journals and other tracking methods
You are what you eat; book an appointment now and learn to eat foods that will make you happy, healthy, and improve quality of life.