Sometimes eating healthy can seem like a drag…especially when you are someone who houses a serious sweet tooth! Do not give up hope – really healthy ingredients can be made to taste like chocolate strawberry ice cream!
Here is the simple recipe for a fabulous chocolate strawberry shake; or, eat it with a spoon like you would soup!
- 1-1.5 cups frozen strawberries
- tbsp cocoa powder
- stevia sweetener to taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- a scoop or two favorite all-natural (no chemical fillers) protein powder. This recipe used Pumpkin protein powder.
- 1/2 cup chocolate unsweetened almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- ice cubes (8-15 depending on desired consistency)
Just blend and there you go! Sweet awesomeness in a glass or a bowl! You can also experiment with flavors, i.e. blueberries or mixed berried, or flavored protein powder (keep it natural) and different milk or alternative milk flavors, flavorings, etc.